Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Poetry Tuesday #3



Poetry Tuesday is a new weekly feature at Krystal's Enchanting Reads, where I will post new poetry that either I have written or that I have come across in my travels over the internet and wish to share with the world.


I wanted to share this poem because when I first read it I was blown away and loved it from then on. Every time I read this poem, I feel powerful and proud to be a BBW. So many people look down on big beautiful women and treat them as if they are something less than human. It's time we all stand up and stop with all the hat just because a woman is larger than what one person believes to be beautiful. I am a proud BBW and I hope this poem speaks to others just as it spoke to me.



Power of Being Big
by Gwen-Nicole O'Neal

I am Big and Beautiful
I have curves like you've never seen
Yes, when I walk, I jiggle
I have lots of Junk in my Trunk
I know where I shop
I know what I eat
But when I put it down
It cannot be beat.

You girls that are 1's and 2's
You do not know the pleasure that is me
My sisters that are 20's and up
Know the pleasure of not giving up.

We strive in a world that looks down on us,
We persevere in a society that wants none of us.

We love like no other
Our style can not be beat.
You tell us we would be pretty if we lost weight
Maybe if you gained a pound or two
You'd understand the glory that comes with being us.

Our skin is smooth
Our shape is curved
We don't need plastic surgery to give us an ass,
We do it Au Natural,
We do it with Class.

So this is a call to all my Big, Beautiful Sisters.
Stand Up, Stand Proud.
For we are the true leaders of this land.
We love from the heart 
Not our eyes.
We dress for ourselves
Not for society.
We are Big
We are Beautiful
We are WOMAN!

1 comment:

  1. Great poem. Definitely the kind of attitude we should have. Stop worrying about what others say you look like or not look like, and just enjoy being yourself! Amen! :) I like this feature btw. As a poet myself, albeit still a work in progress most times, this looks great! Can't wait to read yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I hope that you had a wonderful stay and please drop by anytime. Have an enchanting day and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo Disclaimersmall_zps2fe886df.jpg