Sunday, September 16, 2012

Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga, Part 1) by Michelle Madow **Review**

Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1)

by Michelle Madow

Series: Transcend Time Saga
Pages: 314
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing
Release date: July 17th 2011

Goodreads synopsis: Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


My Thoughts: I have so many mixed feelings about this book it is unreal. I swear this book made me so happy at time and completely angry the next. One minute I was loving it and the other I was completely hating it. I am still kind of on the fence about just how much I really like this book though. I can say one thing, the character Chelsea, I cannot for the life of me stand that character. I cannot stand those types of people in real life much less have them in a book I am trying to read. She is conceded, selfish, and couldn't give a crap about anyone else as long as she gets what she wants. Then the way she acts at the end, GRRRRR!

Okay, with that off my chest I can get back to the good parts of this book. As a whole, this book was really good. The writing was good and the story had a great flow. It didn’t feel rushed like some other books would have felt and it gave you enough details that you could get the picture and fill in anything that didn’t really matter to much on your own. In other words, this book was pretty short but it was still full of details needed to make a good story. I liked the Lizzie and Drew characters pretty well and I liked the fact that Drew wasn’t your typical bad boy that everyone falls in love with. It almost seemed it was going to go that way in the beginning but then the author changed it up and made Drew actually be not such a bad guy. Lizzie, however reminded me of myself a little which I can’t say is the best thing. This character did aggravate me in the ways in which she would handle certain things and situations. I felt that throughout the book she just let her boyfriend and best friend pretty much say and do what they pleased to her and that really irritated me a lot. However, finally by the end it looked like she had finally found her voice and in a way started to make her own decisions. The best character in this whole book however , in my opinion, turned out to be Alistair the store owner. I loved the warmth of this character and honestly wished there were more parts with him in the book. He seemed to have so much insight on what was going on but yet he only made three appearances in this book but I really hope that he makes more in the sequel. I would love to read more about him and see how he can help Lizzie and Drew.

Honestly, in the end I really loved this book. I loved that it brought up so many emotions and made me really get into the characters as much as it did. Honestly, I think it brought up so many emotions in my is because I could connect with some of the things going on. I know what it’s like to have a guy come in between a friendship so Michelle wrote it perfectly.

I rate this book:
Also, don't forget you can still help me out by spreading the word about my blog, facebook page and twitter. All information can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found a link to your blog on goodreads, and I really love your review of this book.
    It is so frustrating when one annoying character really affects how I feel about the rest of the book.

    Have followed you!
    http://theonewithrachelsbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I hope that you had a wonderful stay and please drop by anytime. Have an enchanting day and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo Disclaimersmall_zps2fe886df.jpg