Welcome one and all to my stop on the Daughters of Night: Possession book tour brought to you by Bewitching Book Tours. Not only do I have some great information on the book but Ashley Torbeck herself is stopping by to tell us her top ten favorite vampires are that full her vampire obsession. So, sit back, relax and as always have an enchanting time.
About the Book
Daughters of Night: Possession #2
by Ashley Torbeck
Genre: Young Adult Fiction/Young Adult Paranormal
Series: Daughters of Night
Published: December 22nd 2012
Number of pages: 380
Word Count: 69,031
Add to Goodreads
Carmen's family is being threatened by a new group of vampires, and she is forced into another battle. Only this time it's not just her life on the line. Now she must face an evil unlike any other. One that is dangerously close to consuming her, and Carmen's only hope of succeeding is in the hands of a girl she doesn't know. Will the demons inside Carmen bring her down before she and Gaviyn can save the delicate life of the mystery girl, or will they all fall over the edge into a pit of death and despair?
Buy the Book
Guest Post by Author
Ten Movie Vampires that Fuel My Obsession
I have a special place in my heart for vampires. I’ve read so many books and seen so many movies about them that I’m fairly confident I could write a book about vampires.
Oh, wait. I did. (I kid about it, but I probably need some sort of intervention.) That’s part of why I decided to share with you some of the vampires of the big screen who feed my obsession. So take a seat, buckle in, and enjoy a peek inside my insanity!
1. Dracula: The first, the last, the eternal. He’s the original vamp who started to bring sexy back. My personal favorite was the Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992) version. I was hooked, despite a couple of characters being played by less excellent actors.
2. Lestat de Lioncourt (Interview with the Vampire, 1994/Queen of the Damned, 2002): This character stole my heart when I was just a prepubescent girl, then again in college. Classy evil with an aristocratic flair and no soul. You can’t go wrong; he is the quintessential sexy vampire. And let us not forget the character was originally played by the hottie of the times, Tom Cruise.
3. Edward Cullen (The Twilight Saga, 2008-2012): The only reason this guy is third on my list is because had it not been for the first two, my interest would never have been sparked. I fell in love with the book character first. And let’s face it, they could have done worse with the casting. (Could have done better, but that’s irrelevant.)
4. Akasha (Queen of the Damned, 2002): Power, beauty, sex appeal, and an unrelenting thirst for human blood. This is one bad woman. Seriously, she’s bad news. But ultimately, she’s the character you love to hate. Plus, it’s Aaliyah. Nobody else could have pulled off that half-dressed/half naked, hot body, regal look like her.
5. Leslie Nielson (Dracula: Dead and Loving It, 1995): Leslie Nielson becomes the slapstick spoof of Dracula. Suddenly, vampires were no longer just dark, brooding, sexy, dangerous, and monsters from beyond the grave. They were hilarious.
6. Abby (Let Me In, 2010): This chick might look twelve, but she’s one dangerous beast! She brought fear back to the vampire world. Innocent-looking and kind to wayward souls who befriend her, but cross her, and she’ll rip you apart. Basically, every female on the planet.
7. Maximillion (Vampire in Brooklyn, 1995): A whole other kind of sexy and dangerous-Brooklyn. Oh, and the vampire is pretty sexy and dangerous, too. That thick accent and suave debonair personality makes you fall head over heels for him, but watch out, you might end up vanishing in the mirror. There’s just something about him that makes me smile.
8. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer [series], 1997-2003): I first realized I might have an obsession with vampires when I fell for Spike. He was a bad boy rebel with a British accent that makes girls swoon in their own drool, hoping to be kidnapped and treated like dirt before becoming dinner. Seriously, his accent had me ready to don black leather and pierce something. Okay, not a movie character, but he is a TV show character in a series that spawned from a movie. Close enough for me!
9. Santanico Pandemonium (From Dusk till Dawn, 1996): Sexy, sexy vampire dancing with a snake and pouring wine down her leg before transforming into a disfigured monstrosity and eating everyone she can get her teeth into. This lovely lady was played by Salma Hayek, who has done nothing if not improve over time. Why wouldn’t she be on the list?
10. Barnabus (Dark Shadows, 2012): Oh, Johnny Depp, what character have you NOT played? I admit, I was skeptical of Johnny Depp the vampire, but after I watched the movie, I was okay with it. How awesome would it be to find out you have a business savvy relative with a ton of money who bails your family out of a financial turmoil and basically saves the family? I’ll take one, to go, please. Thanks.
These are just the main players that have contributed to my vampire obsession. I have plenty of other obsessions I could tell you about, but that’s another story altogether.
Major thanks to the readers for joining in on this stop of the book tour. Without readers, writers are pretty much pointless, so thank you for contributing to my writing obsession, too! Also, I would like to say thank you to Krystal’s Enchanting Reads for hosting me on this tour stop. It’s been an exciting ride, and it was so very kind of you to share in this experience with me! May each of you be blessed with all the love and insanity your minds can handle!
About the Author
Fast forward a few years, and the vast insanity that surrounded Ashley became her life. In January 2009, she married the only person on Earth as insane as herself, and they now reside in Louisville, Kentucky, patiently awaiting the zombie apocalypse while she taps away at the laptop with a plethora of stories to keep you entertained.
1 autographed copy of each of the two published books in the Daughters of Night series, Sanctuary and Possession (open to US Shipping) & 3 eBook copies of Possession.