Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Grandmother!!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to do something different today in memory of my late grandmother Hazel Irene Willingham who I lost in June of 2009. She meant the world to me so today's post is dedicated to her and to her memory.


Today would have been her 91st birthday. She passed away in June of 2009 and even though she is gone, I still feel her with me every day. I miss her more than words could every say because she was more to me than just my grandmother. She raised me and took care of me from the first moment I was born to the day she took her last breath. She was my cheerleader throughout my life, cheering me on as I tried to make it through and do what I dreamed of doing. When everyone else was against me and told me I could never do something she was the one that was telling me not to listen to them and that I could do anything I put my mind too. She believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself. I owe who I am to her and to the way she raised me. She wanted me to think for myself and have a good head on my shoulders, which thanks to her I do. It is hard living here day to day without her guidance and without being able to talk to her like I used to. While other girls had a diary that they would tell their secrets too I had my grandmother and her infinite wisdom. She always knew what to do even when I didn't want to hear it. I miss her so much, yet I know she is looking down on me and I hope that I make her proud and continue to do so as I continue on my life's journey.

I love you granny and I hope you are having a wonderful birthday in heaven along with the rest of our family that has passed. I will see you again someday.

My grandfather (the military man) and my beautiful grandmother.

Just a Memory Away

I'm no longer by your side,
but there's no need to weep;
I've left sweet recollections
I'm hoping you will keep.

Eternal joy and memories
stay in our hearts forever.
Strengthening our special bong
that parting cannot sever.

Now it's time to journey on,
so let your faith be strong,
For I am in a better place...
I'm home where I belong.

And if times of loneliness
bring sorrow and dismay,
Don't despair, for I am there...
Just a Memory Away.




Thank you everyone for helping me celebrate the life and memory of someone that means so much to me and so special. She would be so honored and so happy.

As always, have an enchanting evening!


Poem Disclaimer
I in no way wrote the poem that is posted here. I felt that it was fitting to how I felt when I think about my grandmother so that is why I have it posted here. If you are the owner please let me know and I will give you full credit for the poem. Thanks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo Disclaimersmall_zps2fe886df.jpg