Monday, September 10, 2012

The Host by Stephenie Meyer **Review**

The Host
by Stephenie Meyer

Series: The Host
Pages: 619
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Release date: May 6th 2008
Buy eBook: Amazon | Goodreads

Goodreads synopsis: Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.

When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans, is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.


My Thoughts: I love this book so much and I can't even tell you how many times I have read through it. When I first got it I had just heard that they were coming out with some movie called "Twilight" and I wanted to read the books because they sounded interesting. However, when I went to get the books they didn't have them but they did have this one. I got it and started reading it while I waiting on Twilight and man am I glad I got this book. I really like Twilight but this book is the best by far.

This book is well written and the characters are very thought out and complex in the best possible ways. For me, this book sucks you into a world where alien beings have taken over and only a handful of people know what really has gone on. Everyone has been turned and there are bands of people that are trying to fight back and take the world back from these beings. I found The Host a gripping story and I found myself laughing, crying and caring for individuals that were just trying to do what they believed to be right in the face of danger. Meyers was able to build this amazing world and beings that sounded awesome and my imagination ran away with her descriptions of how the characters would look and how everything else in the book would look and feel.

I love Stephenie Meyer as a writer and this book made me like her even before Twilight. There has been talk of her making this into a three part book and I am hoping that she does. I would love to read more into the characters and how their lives turned out whether for the good or the bad.


I rate this book:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo Disclaimersmall_zps2fe886df.jpg