Sunday, September 2, 2012

Demon Kissed by H.M. Ward **Review**

Demon Kissed
by H.M. Ward

Series: Demon Kissed
Pages: 496
Publisher: Laree Bailey Press
Release date: April 15, 2011
Buy eBook: Amazon

Goodreads synopsis: The Valefar boy tricked Ivy Taylor into kissing him, but he took much more than a kiss - he stole her soul and left her within inches of death. By surviving, Ivy is drawn into the conflict between the Martis and the Valefar. The war between these two immortal forces has raged for millennia without distraction. Until now.

Ivy is an anomaly-she is the only person who has ever walked away from a demon kiss alive. Her survival gives her unique and deadly abilities. Too powerful to ignore, Ivy is a threat to both armies. These two ancient enemies will stop at nothing to kill the seventeen-year-old.

Surviving is nothing new for headstrong Ivy, but her survival has never depended on another person before. This time it does. And if she misplaces her trust, she's dead. To her horror, she starts falling in love at the worst possible time-with the enemy. He appears to be protecting her. But she can't be certain if he is trying to help her, or help himself to her power. For Ivy, trusting the right person is the difference between love and survival, or a deadly demon kiss.


My Thoughts: Demon Kissed and the Demon Kissed Series has become one of my favorite series of all time. The writing is brilliant and I love how Ward has you thinking one thing and then completely switches things up. I cannot tell you how many times I was screaming at my Kindle as I was reading this book. There were things that would happen and I would be thinking “That just did not frackin happen?!?!” then Ward shakes everything up into something else. It is a thrill ride from the beginning of Demon Kissed to the end. I could not put this book down and when I finished I had to start reading the second part right then. I had to know what happened and this roller-coaster keeps going throughout the other books as well.

Ivy is such your typical teenager when it comes to just wanting to figure out her place in the world when everything is seriously messed up in ways that surprised even me. She has to deal with so much at her young age and then she almost is killed by a guy that she thought really liked her. Turns out he is a total bad guy and seriously wants her dead. I love this character Ivy because she is so strong and really holds her own in these books. She feels so alone and sometimes seems to make all the wrong decisions but she has so much passion and just wants to do the right thing. I've not read many books with such strong characters as the ones in this book. Collin is also one of my favorite characters in this book because he is one of those that you can't help but to swoon over and want to kill all in the same minute. Ward really knew what she was doing when she wrote the Collin character.

All in all I seriously love these books and because I was yelling and screaming at my Kindle haven't been able to finish the series but I plan to and I seriously cannot wait to see what happens.

I rate this book:


 ✻´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´✻ Krystal
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo Disclaimersmall_zps2fe886df.jpg